Programme: The European Economic Area Financial Mechanism and the Norwegian Financial Mechanism priority „Human resource development and education”
Project title: Improvement of life-long learning service accessibility in the regions of Latvia
Lead partner: Kurzeme Planning region
Project partners: Latgale, Riga, Zemgale and Vidzeme Planning regions
The overall objective of the project: to foster development of human resources in regions using innovative solutions for promotion of accessibility and offer of qualitative life-long learning.
Specific objectives: to improve the offer of life-long learning services by organizing trainings for inhabitants and businessmen in regions and by raising competence and working capacity of life-long learning coordinators.
The target groups of the project: inhabitants, especially rural population – the housebound and economically inactive, businessmen, coordinators of life-long learning, society in general that will have access to effective life-long learning services.
- To improve accessibility of life-long learning services in planning regions providing necessary equipment for it especially for the areas beyond development centres of national and regional importance. It is planned to establish three 12-seated mobile computer classes in each planning region to include wider scope of inhabitants especially in rural territories who because of financial or other reasons cannot use the offered education services in the capital and other centres of economic development.
- To improve the offer of life-long learning services by organizing trainings for inhabitants and businessmen in regions – 3 two-days trainings in each planning region about such topics as innovations in business, consumers’ education, civil education, preparation of presentations and work with audience, computer science, professional development for people actively involved in labour market, motivation and personality development for inhabitants of the region.
- To raise competence and working capacity of life-long learning coordinators organizing 1 day exchange of experience trip to Norway.
- To raise awareness of people about education possibilities in regions with the help of mass media and publicity of project results.
- Territorial accessibility of life-long learning improved;
- Inhabitants and businessmen beyond development centres of national and regional importance trained;
- The manpower competitiveness in the labour market raised; the well-being level of inhabitants improved;
- Integration of society promoted;
- Contemporary materially technical basis for provision of life-long learning services ensured;
- Promotion of electronic study material use and IT acquisition instruments in training and improvement of professional skills’ programmes;
- Competence of life-long learning coordinators raised;
- Promoted cooperation among planning regions concerning the action plan for implementation of development of life-long learning;
- More effective use of financial resources for life-long learning in regions;
- Awareness of people about education possibilities in regions improved;
- Regional socio-economic differences lessened.
Project period: 11 months
Project status: on 10.06.2008. submitted for evaluation
Contact information: Iveta Maļina-Tabūne, e-mail: email@example.com; ph/f.: +371 67224044