Latgale Planning Region Development Council (LPRDC):
- An elected in a general meeting of local government heads collegiate institution and a Latgale Planning Region decision-making body, composed of 21 Latgale local government heads and deputies.
LPRDC representation: one representative elected by a local government from each of the local governments of Latgale Planning Region.
Members of Latgale Planning Region Development Council:
- Sergejs Maksimovs, Development Council chairperson, Viļaka county council chairperson
- Gunārs Upenieks, Development Council chairperson deputy, Krāslava county council chairperson
- Aleksandrs Bartaševičs, Development Council chairperson deputy, Rēzeknes city council chairperson
- Jānis Lāčplēsis, Member of Daugavpils city council
- Arvīds Kucins, Augšdaugava county council chairperson
- Andris Vaivods, Līvāni county council chairperson
- Edgars Mekšs, Ludzas county council chairperson
- Ārijs Vucāns, Preiļu county council chairperson
- Monvīds Švarcs, Rēzekne county council chairperson
Main functions of Latgale Planning Region Development Council (LPRDC):
- region log-term development planning;
- planning region development coordination;
- region development program and territory planning elaboration and implementation;
- assessment of regional planning and development programs of local governments;
- facilitation of collaboration of local governments and planning region with national level institutions;
- assessment of national document compliance with planning region’s development program and regional planning;
- other functions defined in the regulative enactments.